playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Second Day Trying to Install and Still Not Working- HELP PLEASE  (Read 1971 times)

Mark S

• Playmaker Newbie
New to Playmaker and frustrated.

Installs-
Playmaker Beta 1.8.0.f43
Unity 5.4

Issue-
Playmaker appears in the menu but is a separate window when I select Playmaker Editor. I tried to add playmaker window by selecting Add Tab, but Playmaker is not an options.

I'm new to Playmaker, so if everything is installed correctly, but I'm just not operating it right, please let me know. But every time I select something from Unity, the Playmaker window disappears.

I first tried to install the earlier version of PM, so that may be contributing to the problem. I tried to follow the instructions on the PM website troubleshooting guide to delete folders. I had never used PM, so I'm guessing the folders I could
not find were not created (ex. templates). I even tried trashing every file with the work playmaker. I've also tried restarting Unity as well as upgrading Unity and reimporting PM.

2 Error Messages-
"With Unity 5.3 install PM 1.8 to address compatibility issues"
"Always backup projects before upgrading"

Thanks in advance for any help
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:27:18 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Second Day Trying to Install and Still Not Working- HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
If you're in osx, floating windows do not stay in front of other windows, you need to dock them in the layout (drag the tab into another panel). Are you in osx?

There are a couple of errors in the 5.4 beta. They shouldn't stop you from developing, and will be fixed before 5.4 ships. But you should start with the official Unity release unless there's something specific you need in 5.4.

Mark S

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Second Day Trying to Install and Still Not Working- HELP PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 05:46:02 PM »
Wow, I can't believe that is all I had to do. Thanks a lot for the help.

BTW, the version was a typo. I installed Unity 5.3.4

I am using OSx.

Thanks again