playMaker

Author Topic: Pathfinding Actions Beta  (Read 71806 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Pathfinding Actions Beta
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 01:10:02 AM »
Hi,

Uhm.. I suspect it could be something a lot more twisted then just that feature. You have no warnings or log firing at the time it fails to perform?

bye,

Jean

holyjewsus

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
no, I took a look at the code of the set gameobject as destination, and it seems like it cannot work for stationary objects.  I'll post my changes soon.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »
Hi,

ok, not sure what you mean, but be sure to post, if it turns out giving a more predictable result, I'll include it in the package,

bye,

Jean

SteveB

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
Hey guys! Just perusing the site and came across this thread; is there a plan for Unity pathfinding to be officially integrated into Playmaker?(I know this is the 'Offical Actions' thread but it's still a separate download :D)

What's the status of this action currently with Unity 4.x?

Thank you!

-Steven

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 01:44:24 AM »
Hi,

I don't think it is planned to be includeded in the playmaker package, because not everyone has the pro license, so it would clash somehow. In terms of support and update, if you have a specific need, let me know, I'll work on it, as far as updating the whole library, I don't think it's planned in the near future, the emphasis is on mecanim, photon and ngui right now. If you need something urgently, pm me, and we'll arrange something.

bye,

Jean

SteveB

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »
Makes perfect sense :D

Since I wrote this I've done some more research and now I'm thinking I'll be using Aron's Astar instead, not realizing initially just how robust it is! That and the Actions Sven (Kiriri) created are equally robust.

Thanks again for your time Jean!

-Steven

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 12:45:33 AM »
Hi,

yes, I forgot to point that out, thanks for mentionning these alternatives.

bye,

Jean

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
PlayMaker once again proves that it kicks ass! In a last couple of days I've been trying to find best way to make AI. I've tried most of the solutions on the marked, but I was not able to found something that suits me. Until I've found this topic and decided to give it a try. Even without tutorials I was able to setup basic AI, and with the power of PlayMaker, I imagine how I should make more complex AI. Once again, thank you Alex Chouls and Playmaker Team!

Yanifska

• My Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »
Hi,
is the PathfindingActions_beta1.unitypackage file in the first post of this thread,  the latest version of the unity pathfinding actions for playmaker ?
or is there a more recent version ?
-Yaniv
Visit my portfolio: http://www.yanivcahoua.com/

FelixofMars

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2013, 04:42:37 PM »
Some of the pathfinding for Pro (Basic Bake Navmesh and the agents are included) now works with the free version, so these could be included I just got it working in free by using a basic set agent destination.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 01:26:49 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I have added this task on Trello, so if you want to vote it up, pm me with your email, and I'll add you to the trello board so you can vote what you would like next to be done.

https://trello.com/b/1VSKPLcT/addons

bye,

Jean

FelixofMars

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »
I heard good things about Trello a bit off topic I know, it is working out?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2013, 12:54:26 AM »
Hi,

It's only a management tool, but for me it's really helping out, and I feel better that everyone can see what I am doing without polluting the forum. The forum has it's limits on that management aspect, so definitly a good thing. It's too bad that people can't join freely a board tho, but I don't mind inviting people on requests, that's ok.

bye,

Jean

Makumba666

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2013, 06:21:55 AM »
I am stunned. Really.
You must be ashamed. This is most idiotic thing I've ever heard in my life - Play maker does not have built-in pathfinding actions, although pathfinding is included in indie version of unity for an year! Users are forced to enter some shitty forum topic and search for fucken download link! Is it that hard at least put fucken link on the site, without any shitty topics at all? Or may be you will include pathfinding actions in playmaker, as pathfinding is no more exotic?
I was going to use playmaker for prototyping, but now I see it is archaic and terrible and in state it was 2 years ago! I rather do everything myself, than use beta actions, written in jurassic period!
Good day!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:30:51 AM by Makumba666 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2013, 09:19:48 AM »
Hi,

PathFinding only became part of Unity indie with Unity 4.2, released July 22nd 2013, not a year ago...
http://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-4.2

Very Important: Please be aware that offmesh Links remain pro. And offMeshLinks is quite an important features in many situations, so make sure you study alternatives before going to far and then requiring Unity pro to get that last bit of feature.

http://unity3d.com/unity/licenses

Do you have encountered problems with running Unity PathFinding and the current set of custom actions? If so, let me know, I'll add the issue to the todos. So far ( I just double checked), it all seems to run fine.

Also, If you look at the trello board, a new rundown is coming next actually to support new features.
https://trello.com/b/1VSKPLcT/addons

Pm me with your email if you want to be part of this trello board and up vote your favorite Addons to be supported.

Bye,

Jean