playMaker

Author Topic: 2DToolKit Actions Documentation  (Read 3114 times)

minicades

• Playmaker Newbie
2DToolKit Actions Documentation
« on: March 24, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »
Hey people -

I am quite new to this so I apologise if my queries seem a tab basic.  

I have purchased both Playmaker and 2DToolkit with the intention to make a 2.5D sideways scroller.  Theres a lot I can nut out just by watching tuts but I have hit a wall.

2DToolKit is quite easy to use and I have a few animations created - and I have playmaker working with 3D animation but I need some help working with 2DToolkit and Playmaker - any chance of getting a basic tut made,  because when I try to use 'Tk 2D Play Animation' I get nowhere.

I have a Capsule with an AnimatedSprite attached - just for basic testing I wanted to trigger an animation Start (or mouse down) - so I add the 'Tk 2D Play Animation' action to the capsule - change the Game object to be the AnimatedSprite and enter in the clip name for my 2DToolKit animation and it does nothing - what am I doing wrong ?  I have tried various other actions (not 2DToolkit actins) and works as I would think - it's just this 2D ToolKit actions that I am stumped at.

Does it have something to do with Clip name not finding my animation

any help would be much appreciated :)

cheers
Arran

minicades

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 2DToolKit Actions Documentation
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:40 AM »
wow - look at that - start from scratch and do the same thing and it works - go figure.

Would be nice to get some documentation with the 3rd Party Action scripts :)

P.S I am a massive fan of Playmaker, I am pushing it through our studio trying to get everyone to see it value - keep up the awesome work :)

cheers
A

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: 2DToolKit Actions Documentation
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:57 AM »
Hi,

I am glad it worked. I am not sure what went wrong in the first attempt, hopefully this was just a miss.

Documentation: yes, I agree, hopefully a second pass on this will allow us to work out a comprehensive help and a set of samples.

Meanwhile, do not hesitate to ask question on forum and share your findings! :)

Bye,

Jean