playMaker

Author Topic: Camera fade in/out *behind* the gui  (Read 2671 times)

Sintua

• Playmaker Newbie
Camera fade in/out *behind* the gui
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
I saw an old thread about something like this (http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=694.0) but it said it had been dealt with awhile ago.

So im turning on a gameobject(a FSM state item full of gui layout stuff) and fading the camera in, then i fade out. I turn off that item and turn on the next, then fade in again, display, fade out. Usual splash screen stuff.

Issue is, only the FIRST item fades in and out, the other ones will sow the *background* fading in and out, but the guitexture is not affected. it still transfers between the items appropriately.

so.. what's going on here?

EDIT: possibly related, the other two game objects are telling the camera to change the background color, but it does not. removing these actions doesnt change the main problem.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:09:18 PM by Sintua »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Camera fade in/out *behind* the gui
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
Drawing order can get a little tricky with GUI actions on multiple GameObjects. Internally Camera Fades use Draw Texture which is a GUI method.

Try using Set GUI Depth before the fade.

Or instead of Camera Fades, parent a plane in front of the camera, and ramp its alpha up and down (e.g. Animate Float and Set Material Color).