playMaker

Author Topic: Can I remove bugged actions and put them back once fixed?  (Read 2437 times)

PolyMad

Can I remove bugged actions and put them back once fixed?
« on: June 08, 2016, 07:32:39 AM »
As per title, I'm considering to remove some bugged actions that practically lock down Unity, to put them back later when Jean fix them.
Is it possible or will the links in the FSMs be broken?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Can I remove bugged actions and put them back once fixed?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 07:47:02 AM »
Hi,

What actions are you referering here?

Yes, you can remove actions and later on put them back, but it may create more issues than solving them.

Bye,

Jean

PolyMad

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:21:32 AM »
Solved: the problem was duplicate actions. Apparently, Ecosystem doesn't find existing actions if they are moved away from the original download folder.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 08:48:43 AM »
Hi,

yes, this is a limitation currently, sorry about that. That's why I organized them all into "PlayMaker Custom Actions".

I think, I could possibly find a way to get the meta data and check for the internal ids, but that would be for a major release...

Bye,

Jean

PolyMad

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 09:32:01 AM »
The only thing I would suggest is to move the custom actions inside the PlayMaker folder itself if possible, just to have the root project folder less bogged by items.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 09:56:07 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, it was a hard choice, I also would like the root project folder clean. What I do is I always create a folder dedicated to the specific content of my project, and I leave the the rest to this mix of Asset store content and external content.

I don't think hiding custom actions within the PlayMaker folder is good. I actually move the global asset out of the PlayMaker folder and never save any templates inside PlayMaker folder ( which is the default). Then I can safely delete the PlayMaker folder if I have an issue, or when I have to share projects publicly. It actually make sense to spread things to dedicated folders, which is a lot easier to manage on a large scale. But yeah, you end up with a crowded project root...

Bye,

Jean