playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker window not appearing. [SOLVED]  (Read 4889 times)

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker window not appearing. [SOLVED]
« on: June 13, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
I recently created a load level system within Playmaker as a way for restarting the game I am working on, when I had finished my working day was over and when I opened the project again to continue working on it I found a load level definition error. This odes not allow to play the game and I no longer have a Playmaker window. I have tried exporting the project to a new empty project and still have the same problems although Playmaker works fine in an empty project. I have also tried an older backup of the game before I added the load level system and it works fine. I have attached a screenshot of the error, any help would be very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:05:30 AM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker window not appearing.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:19:09 AM »
What version of Unity are you using?

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:26:18 AM »
5.3.4p5. It was working before I finished as I play tested it, but when I came back to resume working on the project I had those errors  :-\

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 11:04:56 AM »
I haven't seen this error before. One thing that would cause this is if there's a SceneManager class defined in the global namespace that conflicts with UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager. Did you import or make anything like that in your project?

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »
To my knowledge no, there is a script called "SceneManager" but I've tried renaming it and it doesn't change anything. I've tried to redo what I did on a windows PC from a backup that was done earlier that day (the error was on Mac) and I've redone the load level FSM that I used before and no errors. The main difference between the project with the error and the backup project is the load level FSM I created, but that is a simple start button to load the playable level.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 01:42:37 PM »
I don't think anything you can edit in an FSM can cause this kind of compile error. When you say you renamed the SceneManager script do you mean the file name or did you open the file and rename the class?

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 04:22:51 AM »
Sorry for the late response, I only renamed the script and nothing inside of it as I can't write code myself.

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 07:18:37 AM »
The error with SceneManager is something to do with the player health bar I created using the canvas or something being brought in when I import a prefab I created for the health bar.

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 07:35:36 AM »
I found the error, it was something to do with Unit Z and I have no idea why Unit Z was in the project. It must have slipped in with prefabs and scenes being brought in.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »
Glad you found the problem. I did a quick asset store search for Unit Z to email the author, but couldn't find the package. If you have contact info you could send them mail to let them know their assets contains a SceneManager class in the global namespace that conflicts with the Unity SceneManager class, to save others some trouble...

Team3D

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker window not appearing. [SOLVED]
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 04:30:05 AM »
Sure, I'll email them asap  :)