playMaker

Author Topic: Help - Keep object variable to still remain on disk  (Read 2678 times)

nikosurfing

• Playmaker Newbie
Help - Keep object variable to still remain on disk
« on: June 23, 2016, 04:33:23 AM »
Hello to the great community of playmaker. I just move from Construct 2 user to unity, so i'am sorry if i am still noob. I really need your help to help me about my problem.

My game (android) is about to customize photo character that user can using their photo from camera or gallery and save it as new face. Even the game is closed the photo user still remain on it. I also bought media browser called GS Image Picker for android through asset store (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/51119).

To connect between playmaker and GS image picker, i used get property and set property and the result is i have Global "Object" variable contain "Sprite" that picked from GS image picker.

I successfully open photo or gallery and attach it to the character. But i have no idea how to save that sprite that keep remain on the android device. I searching some posts every day but still no best solution for this.
- Playerprefs no option to save "object" variable, texture or image
- Array - i have no idea how to connect between array to playerprefs
- Convert sprite variable to string? is it possible??

Please help me, iam graphic artist so i've no knowledge about programming and i've been searching for the solutions for a week. I really really apprecited your help.

Sorry for my english.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:41:58 AM by nikosurfing »

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Help - Keep object variable to still remain on disk
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:08:46 AM »
This will give you some more player prefs options https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1118

You can also explore Easy Save as a way to save things https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/768

Easy Save has several Playmaker actions including those to save arrays and hash tables-
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

nikosurfing

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:18:51 PM »
Unfortunately playerpref x got many error when importing to latest unity and playmaker.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:01:47 AM »
Hi,

What errors exactly?

Bye,

Jean

nikosurfing

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 11:56:58 PM »
First i got error from arraymaker on the new project, and then PlayerPrefs X. Is itOK to ignored these error?

Edit:
PlaymakerPrefsX doesn't support Object Variable... :-(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:04:00 AM by nikosurfing »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:53:34 AM »
Hi,

These are warnings, not errors. So you can ignore them for now. I am working on an update for PlayMaker Utils that will fix these warnings.

Bye,

Jean