playMaker

Author Topic: Integrate Ecosystem  (Read 3194 times)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Integrate Ecosystem
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:34:54 PM »
Hi,
The Ecosystem has almost become a must have add on for custom action and packages, so i think it is getting time to integrate this into playmaker.

Maybe with a separate updater if needed, so it can update even when PM has no update yet.

And could be used for action packages that are not always used (for example networking / 2D and things that trigger permissions for mobile)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Integrate Ecosystem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 02:11:01 AM »
Hi,

The Ecosystem needs a lot of work to become a integrated solution, it's missing a lot of feature that will be expected if integrated.

I would go even further and say it should not be just integrated in PlayMaker, it should be integrated in Unity as a Module, so that it's always there! because the ecosystem has potential for far more than PlayMaker, I can serve any script, any package, any assets for Unity. I started new features that allow me to scan you project and check for what asset needs or can be updated, filter your search by assets etc etc. It has the potential to become an essential part of the production workflow for any project and provide a true platform for community sharing with the right tools for publishers and participants as well as consumers. It's not far off as is actually. the fact that everything is publicly available even without the ecosystem browser is something that would really complement the Unity Community good spirit.

Bye,

Jean

MakerPlay

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
Just to be sure...am i forced to add all custom-actions by myself to a raw install of a new version of playmaker. Or does the new version of playmaker has all the new custom-actions in its build ? ... if its not integrated, i have to download them all by myself (extra work).

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 05:12:54 AM »
Hi.
If you update playmaker on an existing project, custom actions are not removed.

If you install playmaker on a new project, custom actions are not included.