playMaker

Author Topic: Rude Gesture In Need of Rescue!  (Read 1071 times)

ShoddyHouse

• Playmaker Newbie
Rude Gesture In Need of Rescue!
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
Hey guys, I'm messing around with Playmaker and I thought I'd make a (very crude) arm out of Unity's 3d cubes, and then animate it to perform a rude gesture employing the use of the middle finger against my placeholder enemies.

Now, I've animated the arm in Unity's animation editor and it plays just fine, but after setting up a Playmaker FSM for the "arm" GameObject I'm using (which contains the forearm, hand and individual fingers that I animated)
and setting its Start State to perform the action [Get Key Down "F"] to send to its Play Anim State where I've set a [Play Animation] action, it doesn't do anything, even though I see it register the key press and see it go to the Play Anim State.

I've so far tried quite a few other approaches to it, but I'd thought I post a few screenshots and just ask if there's anything obvious I'm overlooking.

Here's three attachments, two are screenshots of the two states of my simple Playmaker FSM, and one is a screenshot of the animation editor sheet.

Don't know if this is much to go on for you guys, but I'll answer any questions.