playMaker

Author Topic: Global Events Not counted as used  (Read 2351 times)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Global Events Not counted as used
« on: September 08, 2016, 06:33:23 AM »
Hi,
When i Cleaned up my Project i was removing the events that i was not using anymore but then i noticed (after breaking my game) that the global event that i 'used' in the fsm has a used count of 0.
I had a backup of my game of course but i do think that these events should be counted as used for easier project cleanup :)

memetic arts

Re: Global Events Not counted as used
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »
My global events only show as being used when I'm actually running the game in the Editor. What would be really nice, though, is if there were a way to directly access the elements that are using them. Maybe there is and I just haven't found it yet....

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 03:42:18 AM »
Hi,

Make sure you have the latest version of PlayMaker ( 1.8.3 at the time of post), it does let you select the fsm that implements global events, simply right click on it from the Events Browser Window.

Let me know if that doesn't work on your end.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 03:30:11 PM »
I definitely want to improve the Used Count for global events. Right now it shows a used count for the current scene, not across the project.

There are a few areas where Playmaker needs a better understanding of the whole project. I'm working on some infrastructure needed to make that happen...