playMaker

Author Topic: 3d Physics Movement  (Read 1549 times)

Cyrussphere

• Playmaker Newbie
3d Physics Movement
« on: September 16, 2016, 10:04:37 AM »
Hi All,

Just picked up PlayMaker last night in an attempt to use it in my current project to create a State Machine for enemy AI in my 3d SpaceShip Sim. Awesome tool so far but I had some questions I couldn't quite find an answer to and that is handling the 3d movement of rigidbodies.

I found some things like Force and Quaternions in the Physics action groups but the layouts of these didn't quite make sense. Mostly I am looking for such actions as AddRelativeForce,  and most importantly Vector3.Forward * speed variable in order to get a ship to move towards an object.

I see Physics 2D section had a relativeforce option, transform has a bunch of move object options as well but it seems the 3d Physics seems to be lacking? Wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction on getting started. Thanks all!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: 3d Physics Movement
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:07:02 AM »
Hi,
Add Force will do relative force if world is set to self.

if you right-click on an action you can select edit script and you can look into the scripts,

also you should get the EcoSystem (if you don't have yet)
there you can find loads of custom actions :)

Cyrussphere

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 3d Physics Movement
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »
Thanks, i had finally figured it out over the weekend by adding the Force with 0,0,1 as a vector3.forward and started to figure out how to use the transform rotate just right to smooth out the actions.

Thanks for the tip on the EcoSystem, i will check it out. While I still lean more on the actual C# scripting this asset allowed me to finally create an enemy AI and I forsee many other aspects I am going to utilize this in.