playMaker

Author Topic: Set Properties need variables now?[SOLVED]  (Read 2361 times)

snowconesolid

• Playmaker Newbie
  • >Obtained Orange Pekoe tea!
    • Snowconesolid Dev Blog
Set Properties need variables now?[SOLVED]
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:23:42 PM »
This is something I recently just found out. Using Playmaker 1.8.1 with Unity 5.4.

In the Set property, you use to be able to just drag the component of a game object onto your FSM and it would give you the option to use a variable to control/change something or manually do it.

For example, say you have a UI game object with the Text Component on it. In previous versions of playmaker, you could of just dragged the text component of that gameobject onto the state machine, and chose to set the property, then it would give you a list of what properties to set. In this example we would want to set the text property. It would of gave you an empty box to type in a string value or you could of used a pre-defined variable.

Or another example, say you have a light object, you want to enable/disable the light component. Same thing, drag and drop that component onto a state machine, select the enabled option. It would of gave you a check box to set the property to either true or false or change to use a variable.

But now, you no longer have the option to manually set these properties. You need to have predefined variables.

And I have no problem with defining variables, but I preferred the former solution and manually doing things. It was so much faster. Why was this option removed from the set properties option? Variables are a must now, so you can no longer quickly just toggle things on and off or anything like that. :(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:43:21 AM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Set Properties need variables now?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:06:07 AM »
Hi,
Updating playmaker to the latest version (1.8.3 atm) might help.
I am on unity 5.4.1f1 and Playmaker 1.8.3f4 and it works fine here.

Btw for UI you should get the "Ugui Proxy Full" package from the Ecosystem
to work with unity UI.
It is always better to use standard / custom actions than using get / set properties.

snowconesolid

• Playmaker Newbie
  • >Obtained Orange Pekoe tea!
    • Snowconesolid Dev Blog
Re: Set Properties need variables now?[SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
Ahh I for some reason thought I was already on the latest version (1.8.1)

Just upgraded. Everything is working fine again. Thank you very much for the help. :)