playMaker

Author Topic: For Devs : Will Ecosystem ever come packaged with PM?  (Read 2008 times)

mrminico

For Devs : Will Ecosystem ever come packaged with PM?
« on: October 07, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »
Heres a question to the devs of playmaker, Will the ecosystem come packaged with playmaker? I always have to download the unity package and then install it for every new unity project I make. Shouldn't the Ecosystem browser already come integrated with Playmaker? Also Thank you so much for making this awesome plugin!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: For Devs : Will Ecosystem ever come packaged with PM?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 03:01:27 AM »
Hi,

Well. It's tricky to put it in the official package as it's missing several important features.

I personally see this evolving beyond PlayMaker, it can distribute regular c# scripts, and packages from other publishers too, so I would keep it as a separate tool myself, this is of course up to Alex to make these decisions of course.

in an ideal world where I could clone myself several times, I would do a user management system to start logging people in so they can create favorites, and bundles. Also, I haven't had time but Unity 5 offers the ability to create plugins for the Editor itself so you would install it once and be always available, that would be great as well.

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
Hi,
Maybe you could place it as an asset on the asset store, which makes it easier to install and update by the user

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:10:20 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure it would pass the control, as it clearly is a replacement for the asset store...

plus, I download it way faster manually, then via the asset store tb, I have a version I keep in a folder, I know where it is on hd and in two click is done, with
the asset store, you have to search, scroll, click, click install...

But yeah, I hear you... I'd like the Ecosystem to be a module though... so that you instal it for Unity 5 and it will ALWAYS be there.

Bye,

Jean