playMaker

Author Topic: UFPS Actions no longer work  (Read 4535 times)

VectorF22

• Junior Playmaker
UFPS Actions no longer work
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »
Hi,

I'm running the latest version of Unity, the latest version of Playmaker and the Latest version of UFPS.

The Actions located here https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1110 no longer work. It causes the whole project to fail until the directory is deleted.

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: UFPS Actions no longer work
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »
Hi,

What errors do you get?

Bye,

Jean

Styval

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 03:53:16 AM »
Hi -

I have issues too. New project with just latest version of Playmaker and UFPS installed. The actions addon give me those messages :

- Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(63,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vp_SimpleInventory' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

- Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(12,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vp_SimpleInventory' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

- Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(12,18): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `HutongGames.PlayMaker.CheckForComponentAttribute.CheckForComponentAttribute(System.Type)' has some invalid arguments

- Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(12,18): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `System.Type'

Please, I needs some help to make playmaker works with UFPS.

Thanks !

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 01:30:15 AM »
Hi,

I am confused, because someone else has the same problem, but here everything is fine, I imported PlayMaker, UFPS and the package and all is well.

Unity 5.4.2
PlayMaker 1.8.3
UFPS v1.4.1

Bye,

Jean

Evil Gremlin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »
I am planning to use these assets together too. So I just now did a fresh import.  Here are the errors I get on a clean project.  I only have Playmaker and UFPS installed.  I just now downloaded and installed the compatibility patch from this site.

Unity 5.4 2f2
PlayMaker latest as of dec 6th
UFPS latest as of dec 6th
Playmaker UFPS patch latest as of dec 6th

Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(63,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vp_SimpleInventory' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(12,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vp_SimpleInventory' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(12,18): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `HutongGames.PlayMaker.CheckForComponentAttribute.CheckForComponentAttribute(System.Type)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/PlayMaker UltimateFPSCamera/Actions/Inventory/UfpscInventoryHaveItem.cs(12,18): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `System.Type'

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:29:57 PM by Evil Gremlin »

Evil Gremlin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:38:26 PM »
I opened up the ufpschaveitem script to take a look.  On line 12 it seems to be reporting an error on the vp_SimpleInventory class.  It is also reporting an invalid argument. 

[CheckForComponent(typeof(vp_SimpleInventory))]

Same on line 63.

vp_SimpleInventory _inv = go.GetComponent<vp_SimpleInventory>();

Unfortunately, I am not c sharp savvy so I can't really figure out what's wrong with the syntax.  If you think I can do something else to help figure it out let me know though. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:40:05 PM by Evil Gremlin »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 03:44:25 AM »
Hi,

I'll take another look, I am indeed very confused here... Maybe it's the Unity version.

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 04:42:08 AM »
Hi,

ok, I get where I got confused, I was carrying the old files from a inventory version that got deprecated.

I updated everything and it will not throw errors now.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1110

however inventory editing and manipulation still needs some work the way items are references has totally changed, I'll need some time to figure everything out and provide the right set of new/updated actions, but the rest is working.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for your patience.

Bye,

Jean

Evil Gremlin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 06:42:15 PM »
Great.  As long as you know about it I'm satisfied.  No rush.  I know nobody keeps an asset working for five years without being on top of it.