playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Animations  (Read 3812 times)

shinodan

• Shinozone
[SOLVED] Animations
« on: April 12, 2012, 06:47:48 AM »
So i had 3 fsms on my character, and each one waiting for a touch input on my 3 buttons, on touch i wanted them to play a certain animation the first fsm worked fine, i added another and it worked but very glitchy, when i added the third it just started crashing. I guess it was because each of the fsm's in an idle state were set to play the idle animation but i assume they are colliding with each other all trying to play the same animation, so i left 1 fsm to play the idle animation but then the animation would never re-set to idle after the touch ended...

can anyone help me solve this problem?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:46:59 PM by Alex Chouls »

Elizeusz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Animations
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:32:20 AM »
Why you need 3 FSM ? Maybe you can do it on just one.

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 07:44:30 AM »
I dont know how to :| i watched a tutorial where and he adds global states and stuff but the interface of his playmaker was different to mine so i had no idea what to do. :/

Elizeusz

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 07:47:33 AM »
You need to set for example ToIdle event which after your buuton is not touch will go again to first state where you play idle animations. And for all your buttons you have to do theseme.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
Hi Shinodan,

In what way your interface was different? could you make a screenshot of your interface and tell us what's missing? Playmaker interface like you see in videos is achievable on your computer too, just need to figure out what is not there for you. Or maybe a concept is missing for you to achieve the same result.

Bye,

Jean

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
Screenshot as requested.

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:38:57 PM »
Shinodan, you need to right click on the state name and choose "Add global transition" to create global transitions like in the tutorial video screenshot

in your example you are clicking outside of the state

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 10:42:38 AM »
Sorted, thanks!