playMaker

Author Topic: Request!!! A tutorial for score using sprites[SOLVED]  (Read 4607 times)

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
Request!!! A tutorial for score using sprites[SOLVED]
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:58:47 PM »
I have looked everywhere but no one seems to have a tutorial on how to do a score with sprites. I know how to do a score now but i am stumped on how to acheive this with sprites. A tutorial of this would be much appreciated and i prefer to have no add on like ngui or 2d toolkit. I want to know how to with native unity first then tackle those ones. So if there is a tutorial out there that i overlooked please can you point me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:02:07 AM by jeanfabre »

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Request!!! A tutorial for score using sprites
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 12:10:07 AM »
I have worked out how to do the score for the sprite but how would you display the sprite with correct numbers though. In the image below in the debug part it is correctly scoring but its not actually displaying the sprite with correct numbers though. Does anyone know how to do this?

parallel

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 08:10:07 AM »
Hi, I've never worked with sprites so am not sure how one would do that, but aren't you looking to display your point string in a canvas->text component? to do this there's the free uGui add-on in ecosystem. Unless maybe you have some ordered sheet of sprites that are to spell' out the numbers?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:19:15 AM by parallel »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 01:22:31 PM »
hi,
Yes you can get 'ugui proxy full' on the Ecosystem

and a made a tutorial video for you here
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:51:58 PM by djaydino »

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 05:36:54 PM »
Hi, I've never worked with sprites so am not sure how one would do that, but aren't you looking to display your point string in a canvas->text component? to do this there's the free uGui add-on in ecosystem. Unless maybe you have some ordered sheet of sprites that are to spell' out the numbers?
Sorry that wasn't what i was asking. I have done the score with the UGUI text component but i have these sprites which are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 from the tappy plane assets so i was wondering if there is a way to do a score with sprites.

wendymorrison

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 05:43:25 PM »
Thankyou for the video i just noticed that after i wrote a reply above. This is exactly what i wanted.