playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] FSM Tree execution issues with WebPlayer and PC Standlalone  (Read 2105 times)

amuse

• Playmaker Newbie
I have a scene where 1 FSM tree is controling camera changes and 1 FSM tree on a empty Object is controlling the Play animations from my characters.

When I playback in the scene in the Editor they both work properly.
When I build a webplayer or a PC standalone version, the Second FSM, the one with the Play Animation nodes gets stuck after playing the first animation. I've been trying to debug this for the last 3 hours but really can't understand what could be happening.

Anyone know about this type of issues? I believe the issue might be in the Play Animation action. This is used with the camera and the character animations and the node that is getting stuck has a Play Animation action only.

(Help!)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:49:35 PM by Alex Chouls »

amuse

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: FSM Tree execution issues with WebPlayer and PC Standlalone builds
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »
I manage to find the issue.

The animations was set to Culling Type : BasedOnRendering.
This made the FSM remain stuck to a node containing a Play Animation action when the synchronization between the camera and animated character was a bit off. The playback in the editor worked randomly but the output to the Webplayer or PC standalone always failed to have the animation.

The solution was to set the AnimationTypeCulling to AlwaysAnimate.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:18:37 PM by amuse »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: FSM Tree execution issues with WebPlayer and PC Standlalone builds
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:48:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing the solution!