playMaker

Author Topic: Photon synched variable  (Read 2187 times)

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
Photon synched variable
« on: December 21, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
Hi,

i got 2 GO and they do not see each other(they to far), and i dont need to synch variable between them, there is possible to stop synchronize between this 2 GO?

also how this synchronize work? the send variable only when data in synch FSM changed or they synch all the time? This can i manage using "Observe option: and set to Unreliable On Change?

thanks

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Photon synched variable
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 03:59:20 PM »
Anyone?

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 08:16:51 AM »
bump

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »
Hi,

The settings “Unreliable/Reliable” are that values are received each time or can get overwritten by new value if it came faster then the previous one, Reliable would wait until the value comes. Hope this makes sense, the docs explains this better.
This will not optimise the synch by much in this case, I think you could disable the synch FSM, this is how I plan to do it. Have two FSM, one is position and the other contains everything else, so position stays always on to know the distance, but rotation/animation can go off if they are far…
Just an idea, I plan to do it too, not tested yet.

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 10:06:54 AM »
Thanks,

so i need to read about Unreliable..
When i disable FSM with synch on object what is not driven localy, there still incoming changes to this FSM. So in client side i think i cant block incoming messages. But when i disable in object who is owner of this object, he stop sending message to all clients. But what when i got 20 players online and some of them are near me and some are very far? I am not sure if this will be possible:/

Or there is some other way to do this, like send events to group what are close to me?

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 08:14:00 AM »
bump