playMaker

Author Topic: Errors always after trying to import uGui package?[SOLVED]  (Read 1867 times)

HendrikB

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In love with Playmaker
Errors always after trying to import uGui package?[SOLVED]
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:44:29 PM »
Hi guys,

I import Unity4.6.PlayMaker.1.8.3.f4. This is all fine and Playmaker works until I install uGui package.

When I try to import uGui package either from Ecosystem or from PC after download from Playmaker site, I get loads of compiler errors.

I even went and created a fresh new Unity project, imported Unity4.6.PlayMaker.1.8.3.f4 and then uGui package immediately after and it happened again  :'(

I see the following example errors in my console:

Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/uGui/uGuiToggleSetIsOn.cs(10,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Event Properties/Actions/GetEventProperties.cs(12,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Event Properties/Actions/SetEventProperties.cs(14,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Wizards/LinkerWizard/LinkerData.cs(18,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PlayMaker' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/uGui/uGuiSliderSetWholeNumbers.cs(10,50): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

The above are just some examples of what I am seeing. Even if I try to re-import Playmaker and close Unity and re-open the error persists.

My version of Unity is 5.4.0.f3

Am I missing something silly? Would really appreciate any help. Let me know what else you need. I have attached a full list of the errors from my log in Unity.

Thanks,
Hendrik

PS: I also noticed that the Playmaker Editor window is missing now, and there is no longer a Playmaker menu option in Unity. I suppose it is related.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:57:03 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Errors always after trying to import uGui package?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:26:13 AM »
Hi,

It seems you are no installing PlayMaker,

The PlayMake package contains an installer, you have to then install a package within this package following the instructions of an Editor window that pops up,

unfortunatly, if you have an error in your project, Unity can not run any editor Windows, this is likely your case, so you need to either remove the error, or instally manually by importing the package inside "Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install"

Bye,

Jean

HendrikB

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In love with Playmaker
Re: Errors always after trying to import uGui package?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:58:18 AM »
Thanks Jean that worked fine :) I had to delete Playmaker folder, then re-import and then click the install to finish it up. Installed uGui and no issues now. I appreciate your help and keep up the great work with Playmaker ;)

Cheers,
Hendrik