playMaker

Author Topic: Mouse Pick Event to Change Cursor with Array  (Read 1267 times)

acornbringer

• Junior Playmaker
    • Acornbringer.com
Mouse Pick Event to Change Cursor with Array
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:45:53 AM »
Hi there!

I would like to change the cursor texture when the player mouses over various colliders in the scene. I'm able to get the desired result if I use "Mouse Pick Event" and specify a single game object but when I try to use a variable instead, no events are sent. I'm using a global array variable filled with all the game objects I want to include.

I'm trying to avoid having a Mouse Pick Event specifying all the objects individually or needing to put "Mouse Enter" and "Mouse Exit" events on all the colliders in the scene.

Am I going about this properly? Maybe I'm misunderstanding how arrays work. Any help would be appreciated.

acornbringer

• Junior Playmaker
    • Acornbringer.com
Re: Mouse Pick Event to Change Cursor with Array
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
I did some more searching and making attempts and found that the Mouse Pick Event only picks individual game objects or a game object variable. I must have been confused when I thought creating a game object array variable was accepted in this action.

Is it possible for a mouse pick action to detect an array of game objects or perhaps the game object's tag? I'm not sure how to let my FSM know that I moused over any one of a large number of game objects.