playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Action window empties  (Read 2906 times)

Gaviathan

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] Action window empties
« on: April 22, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »
I've made a money/shop system by taking apart the countdown timer playmaker sample.I've been trying to get it to work with Royce Kimmons Dialogue script.In game there's no problems and it works fine,but when I go back to the editor and try to view the action window I get this error and the action window is empty and only goes back to normal if I close unity and restart it.

NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorUtility.BuildActionsList ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorUtility.get_Actionslist ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.BuildFilteredList ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.OnFocus ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I know that the problem only comes when this script is activated by the dialogue editor,

var BuyHealth : PlayMakerFSM;
BuyHealth = gameObject.Find("GavzMoneyThing").GetComponent.<PlayMakerFSM>();
BuyHealth.Fsm.Event("BuyHealth");

I'm useless at scripting but have spent hours trying to solve the problem and have searched forums etc for solutions.I'm guessing(hoping) it's just that I haven't done the scripting thing right.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Here is a pic of where the script is for anyone unfamiliar with Royce Kimmons Dialogue editor.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:30:16 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Action window empties
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
I haven't seen this before... I'll do some research on the error.

It's probably also worth asking Royce Kimmons. I'm guessing the Dialog script is using reflection in some way that conflicts with Playmaker...?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:20:40 PM »
Okay, I did some research and think I know how to fix this on my end. However, I don't have the Dialog script to test the fix, so I'll send you an invite to the PlayMaker beta testing group...

Gaviathan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
Wicked stuff man,Cheers.BTW Royce Kimmons Dialogue script really cool and can be found here http://kimmonsdesign.com/node/21?page=1#comment-10249
Just hope we can sort this out cos it adds endless possibilities to my game. :)

Oh and I have posted a comment on his site but I don't know how often he checks it out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:37:53 PM by Gaviathan »

Gaviathan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 05:36:06 PM »
This guy is a genius people,he has solved my problem and now I can make some serious progress.
Thanks Millions Alex :)