playMaker

Author Topic: VRTK Actions  (Read 19905 times)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
VRTK Actions
« on: February 21, 2017, 12:08:01 AM »
I have started creating actions for VRTK. It is a bit of a challenge for me at my skill level, but i am working away at it. Also, VRTK changes pretty fast (on their github). The current store asset version is 3.0.1, and the current github version have some pretty significant changes. The github version will be pushed to the asset store fairly soon Ive been told. So I have now started working on the github version instead of the asset store version.

I have been in touch with the VRTK creator, theStoneFox, and they are pretty hands-off, as they are not familiar with playmaker. Therefore I hope this forum doesn't mind me bothering you all sometimes for custom action help as I come across new problems. Thanks to MdotStrange for getting me started with his template for custom actions.

All that being said, actions are free to download from my github account here: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/

My plan is to work first on pointers, then teleporters/locomotion, followed by input methods. We will see how that goes.

It is a HUGE toolkit, so there potentially could be a TON of actions from it. It likely will change again before I even get to the end. So if people have requests, better post them here, so I can bump them up on my to-do list.

fletcherkildren

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: VRTK Actions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
You are a freakin' godsend. I've been struggling with VRTK and Playmaker and this will be incredibly helpful! I wish I could help with this - was also considering making a Playmaker (or visual scripting) channel in the VRTK Slack.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »
Is there anything in particular that you need? Are you using the latest github version?

Anyways, it will take awhile to get through it, but little by little.  8)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:17:00 AM »
So, I have officially added all the input buttons for VRTK. You can now get trigger clicks (or presses), grip clicks, etc from the controllers via VRTK. They come as bools, so you just need to do a simple bool check. (Ie, is the trigger clicked or not).

As well I have

locomotion:
basic teleport
dashteleport
heightadjust teleport
Move in place

Pointers:
Straight pointers

Scripts
BodyPhysics (necessary for move in place)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:35:34 AM »
Some new actions added:

TouchPad Axis (see our tutorial on how to make a third person controller using one or two touchpads):
Get Controller Active (check to see if controllers are on, reminder users to turn them on!)

Haptic Rumble
Haptic Rumble Advanced. (Setup haptic rumble for duration, pulse and strength)

All Controller button Inputs (use any button on a vive controller in playmaker. See our tutorial on setting up a menu button:
GetInteractableObjectStatus (see if an an object is being held and set your next state!)

... More...

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 11:38:09 AM »
More actions for today

• toggleControllerVisbility (make your controller invisible, optionally keep children visible).
  • setControllerOpacity (set the alpha for your controllers)
  • getControllerVisbility (check to see if controllers are visible or not)
  • setHeadsetCollisionTrigger (tell the headset that it is currently colliding with something, or not)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:39:54 AM by tcmeric »

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
Great work on these actions, very much appreciated!

Playmaker and VRTK don't get along that well yet, so this will definitely help.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 12:20:11 AM »
New actions for today

• Get touchpad angle, which is good for mapping a specific direction to maybe items, etc. Goes from 0 to 360 in a float.
  • Get trigger axis. Tracks how much the trigger is squeezed between 0 and 1. Good for something like a racing games acceleration, etc.
  • Get trip axis (squeeze amount).
  • Get any button down. Good if you need someone to "confirm" something in the game, but dont want to pick a specific button.
  • GetUsedObjectStatus - Check if object is being used (similar to if object is being grabbed)..
  • Get touched object status - check if object is being touched.

LordHorusNL, no problem. Let me know if you need any actions in specific.

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 08:16:19 PM »
I'd like to make a request.

please add actions that allows me to get which controller is "grabbing" an VRTK_InteractableObject! The same would also be great for touch and use.

I know i can get this using Call Method, but still.

Oh and actions to set the allowed controllers for grab/use/touch would be great also. Getting the controller as a gameobject and setting it.

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:48:00 PM by LordHorusNL »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »
Here is GetUsedObjectsGameobject

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 11:49:20 PM »
Here is GetGrabbedObjectsGameobject

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 11:50:28 PM »
Regarding touched, I will have to look into it more. The method returns a list. I have been trying to store that in a gameobject array in playmaker, but so far no luck. I am sure it will get worked out at somepoint.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 01:07:14 AM »
Added 4 more playmaker actions, which should cover most of the InteractableObject script settings.

That includes whether setting which, either or no controllers can interact with that object.

SetInteractableObjectGrabOptions
SetInteractableObjectTouchOptions
SetInteractableObjectUseOptions
SetInteractableObjectWhenIdle

It has all been added to the github account. Just download and replace your current vrtk playmaker actions.

https://github.com/dumbgamedev/VRTK_Playmaker3x

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »
Works great, thanks a lot.

Using SetInteractableObjectGrabOptions did reveal a bug in VRTK so i brought it to the attention of TheStoneFox.

Falibu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 12:26:33 PM »
wow this is awesome to see your road map! thanks!