playMaker

Author Topic: FSM works perfect in Editor but fails to destroy objects on iOS  (Read 1834 times)

elusiven

• Debt we all must pay...
FSM works perfect in Editor but fails to destroy objects on iOS
« on: February 21, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »
As in title.. I have this FSM, basically at the end of the level, it destroys the dynamic word text objects and indeed it does in editor... Everything works perfect, but when running on iOS the objects stay when next level loads with different content and it messes up actions.

I don't know whether i'm missing something, maybe a linker entry or something but my other "Destroy" actions work just fine, so it's a bit weird.

Video Attached.

elusiven

Re: FSM works perfect in Editor but fails to destroy objects on iOS
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 07:48:00 AM »
I'm trying to debug this in xcode, and I've setup Debug.Log on most of the states but they are not being shown in the xcode console... Any ideas why? I have Development mode and script debugging enabled.

//EDIT: I've modified this a little bit and after creation of the word objects I have added them to an array, and then at the end I made it so it deletes the objects off the array instead and this works fine.. I'm still not sure why Destroy objects by tag didn't work on iOS on that specific FSM. However, the debug.log still doesn't show on xcode.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:58:41 AM by elusiven »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:38:50 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker debugs happen only in the PlayMaker console, you need to select "forward to Unity Log" for them to show up.

Bye,

Jean

elusiven

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:51 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker debugs happen only in the PlayMaker console, you need to select "forward to Unity Log" for them to show up.

Bye,

Jean

Yes, with I have ticked the "Send to Unity log" however they still don't show up...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »
Hi,

if it shows up in Unity Editor console, and doesn't show up when published, I am out of ideas, this should be the same. Maybe the state where you log is never entered on IOS?

Bye,

Jean