playMaker

Author Topic: minimum required for unitypackage  (Read 2317 times)

terrymorgan

• Junior Playmaker
minimum required for unitypackage
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »
I've been making words and pictures to go with the Basic Unity Youtube tutorials, apparently including
the .unity file isn't enough, but when I export unitypackage there's a lot of stuff that isn't in the .unity scene. Jean said don't include the playmaker.dll, what exactly is required to make a working playmaker unitypackage?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: minimum required for unitypackage
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:11 AM »
Hi,

A working package, as far as playmaker is concern is to include the following:

--  PlayMakerGlobals asset found in "PlayMaker/Resources". this is only required if you have globals variables or global events.WARNING: importing this into a project that has already global vars and events will overwrite it. The current beta is addressing this issue, so very soon, this issue will be lifted.

-- also, custom actions are not automatically included, this is a pity, so you have to be very organize if you start having a lot of custom actions, make ONE folder called "PlayMaker custom actions" or something, and when you select the assets you want to export, select that folder too.

NOW: given the context of this post, none of that was in cause with your case, it was just because a script from the standard assets went missing along the way. So you will also have to be very careful on normal assets, and make sure that they are all included. The only way I found to reliably send packages, is to test them by creating a new project, and import that package and all other required ( from the asset store, etc etc), to make sure it runs. It's a pain, but this is required.

Bye,

Jean