playMaker

Author Topic: How to capture Fsm with State Options  (Read 1604 times)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
How to capture Fsm with State Options
« on: March 10, 2017, 03:25:42 AM »
I see that I can screen capture a FSM, using the built in options.

However, that just copies the Fsm 'Map'. It doesnt show all of the actions added in each state.

Sometimes I want to show someone on the forum how the Fsm was made. I think I saw other people screen capture with nice little boxes next to each state, showing all the actions.

Is there a way to do this out of the box? Or an ecosystem add-on I can use?

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to capture Fsm with State Options
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 04:25:53 AM »
Hi,

unfortunatly no, you can take a screenshot of the fsm canvas, but nothing for states and actions.

It would be great for sure! I am suggested few years ago to create an exporter for web view, with a dynamic html page using screenshots of the fsm and states so that as you click on a state it shows the screenshot of the state as if you where inside the PlayMaker Editor, only it's on a web page, it would be so cool for documentation!

Going all the way with this woudl be to save a text based definition of an fsm, and reconstruct everything using html and css so that you could even move states around, no screenshot, pur reconstruction. I am not too far with my introspection tool that saves an fsm into an Xml, with state positiion, colors, each actions properties, etc etc.

Bye,

Jean

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: How to capture Fsm with State Options
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 06:16:22 AM »
No problem, thanks for letting me know.

Yes, the more export options, the better. Better to share and better to teach others.

Thanks Jean.