playMaker

Author Topic: Works in Editor but not on device  (Read 5179 times)

bpritchard

• Playmaker Newbie
Works in Editor but not on device
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »
Afternoon all! We're relatively new to playmaker... picked it up a while ago and one of my designers started using it for Minigames and so far its AMAZING. But, we ran into an issue (which i'm almost 100% sure is just a misunderstanding issue).. so we've found out that things that work perfectly in the editor don't work on the device.

Now I'm assuming there's some touch registration we're not using or just simply not using the MouseEvent correctly? Is there anyplace specific we can look to see how a touch based device's input SHOULD be setup? Or is there are little wrapper we can add so that MouseEvents get registered from touch events?

shinodan

• Shinozone
Re: Works in Editor but not on device
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »
when it comes to mobile devices i dont think you can use mouse event, try creating guiobjects with the action touchgui to respond to your touches. if its not a gui object you want to touch try touch object and make sure the object reciving the touch has a collider of somekind attached.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:12:03 AM by shinodan »

bpritchard

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
Hmm, I see. Is there anyway to setup the tool so that we can work in the editor and see the same results on the device? We use EZGui which works I'm a similar way (mouse events and touch events) that has support for checking it in both places. Is there a combined event class that can be used or is there a mapping we can setup?

dogbreath

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:31:35 AM »
Just create another event loop that follows the touch loop with MOUSE DOWN loop and then you'll have something which will work for testing on your computer and will also work on the device.

bpritchard

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
Ahh interesting... so the touch loop can pass into the mouse loop? Or something like that. :) I'll give that a look.

Thanks a ton for the info.

Cheers
Bryan