playMaker

Author Topic: Making an Animation Graph  (Read 9378 times)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Making an Animation Graph
« on: April 17, 2011, 05:09:35 PM »

The animation got a little choppy in the video capture :(

Bovine

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Making an Animation Graph
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:40:17 AM »
I've just started with playMaker and I was hoping to copy this Animation Graph as I good in, but my FSM looks different to the FSM in the video, I have Start and then an arrow to the first state, Idle in this case and if I create another state I just have one box, I don't have any boxes that say ToIdle, toWalk or ToRun in them - I can name my states thus, but what are the boxes below these - are they transition names?

I'm a bit confused, the video starts 'in medias res' and I'd really like it if it began at the beginning so I can see how you got those three states into the FSM!

Please advise!
Thanks
Bovine

TVGRAFX

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »
I would like a little help on this too. Can't seem to alt click to switch and test the play animation clips assigned to the states. Maybe it's an oversight on my part, but I can't replicate the ToRun ( dark box with arrow pointing down ) to a state ( light gray box ). Is this a custom event thing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »
The dark boxes with arrows down into a state are global transitions - transitions triggered by the event regardless of the current state. Right click a state and Add Global Transition to make these.

Does that help?

TVGRAFX

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:09:23 PM »
Thanks for the help. To rename my Global Transitions from "..." ToRun, ToWalk and so on I created a new event with the Event Window and changed them through the Tool Window. I'm now sitting here laughing like a school girl just alt clicking my animation loops on my custom made character :) too cool.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »
Cool! You can also right click the box to select the event.

Also if you select the event in the Events tab and check Inspector, the event will be exposed as a button in the PlayMakerFSM inspector.

gamedivision

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 05:18:14 PM »
any chance of making another tutorial on controlling these animations with on screen controls for mobile devices
thank you

TVGRAFX

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »
I would be interested in this too. Maybe touch/ tap controls or joysticks like the iPhone import package that unity ships with. Would make for a nice paid set of tutorials. Seems to be the missing link.