playMaker

Author Topic: Send Events Being Ignored [Resolved]  (Read 1402 times)

hunz

• Playmaker Newbie
Send Events Being Ignored [Resolved]
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:45:43 AM »
Hello.

Having a really strange problem/bug tonight that I've been trying to fix for a few hours so I thought I would post.  I think it's a bug.

I have a send event on a parent game object that tells 3 children game objects to move.  On activate of the parent it fires the events to the children just fine but on re-activating the parent it fires off to 2 children skipping the same one each time.

I've gone to each of the children during playback and I can see it never hitting the same one the 2nd (3rd, 4th ...) time through and I've pulled it apart and put it back together only to discover it's doing the same thing.

Anyways, if anything jumps out at someone let me know.  I'm going to reset unity and double check it's not that.

Unity 5.6.03
PM 1.8.4
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:06:58 AM by hunz »

PlaymakerNOOB

Re: [Bug] Send Events Being Ignored
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 10:09:06 PM »
I've not had this issue, but a similar one.  On the right,  click the gear icon and pick reset and try again. That did it for me.

hunz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [Bug] Send Events Being Ignored [Resolved]
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 06:05:56 AM »
Thank you for that.  I reset everything in the chain and then set it up again and still the same error. 

I ended up taking a guess and figured out a solution - before it sends the events to the children objects it is positioning them by matching positions in another array.

I put a Late Update on the position value and then before it sends event to move I wait a frame and it seems to all fire off perfectly.  I'll keep an eye on it.  I can't figure out the WHY but it is working now.

Thanks for your suggestions.