playMaker

Author Topic: time script  (Read 3618 times)

subxrated

• Playmaker Newbie
time script
« on: May 08, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »
hello board //

i was curious if it's possible with playmaker to make a scrip that
reads the system time values , hour minutes and seconds , and then
applies them to different parameters of multiple image effects set on camera.

like let's say the seconds 0 to 60 are mapped to (-1,1) range of a certain effect .
(acting like an lfo )
thank you

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: time script
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:32:34 AM »
Sure, I am not sure I completely understand the point, but I am not sure that matters  :P

There is an action for "system time", or "get time info". For system time you can format the style of time output you want. It saves to a string. Then convert the string to a float (or int). Use the action "Convert string to int". Do an int compare. When your time = 60, then send an event. When time = 0, send a different event.

I would make 2 seperate FSM. One for just keeping time and sending global events. Then another one to get the global events and change the camera values. That way the first FSM can keep running, while the second one is making the changes.

If you need it more dynamic, like the range of numbers is always shifting, then in that case I might use a global variable and some math. Ie, Take your int of 60, divide it by x, copy to a new variable, (so you have an x/y). Make both the variables global, so they can easily be accessed by the second FSM, which is using them in realtime to make the camera changes.