playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker only third person controller camera problems.  (Read 3334 times)

coffeeANDsoda

While theirs the really basic playmaker video tutorial using a capsule, what does that mean when you use a mesh without collision that is the child of that capsule.

On one hand capsule moves better than using a cube, on the other hand when I use a main camera to follow the player, the camera acts nutty and the child spins around.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, how does a person set up a third person controller FSM so the player can rotate to a degree, but... the capsule player doesn't rotate causing the player to spin around?

FritsLyn

Re: Playmaker only third person controller camera problems.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »
WHat you are asking is in fact a lot, lot, lot of questions in one. And not related to PlayMaker, but to Unity itself.

There's questions about Physics, Physics Materials, Rigidbodies, ways to move rigidbodies (and there are many!), constraints of rigidbodies, and the build in character controller - in one question.

All of the above are fairly well documented in Unity standard Documentation, but it can be a wall to get past.

A way to get a head start AND using PlayMaker could be to purchase one of the pre-made platformers made with PlayMaker in the Asset store, and then look at all the details of how that is done.

You can also look into standard Unity demos and see how they are set up - again because your question(s) do not really relate to PlayMaker, but to how Unity is supposed to be helping making your game.. And there are MANY options as far as I can tell from where you stand now. M-A-N-Y details to know if you want to master making your own character controller.. which is what most people do, but there is Unity Info to learn first ;)

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 04:41:51 PM »
WHat you are asking is in fact a lot, lot, lot of questions in one. And not related to PlayMaker, but to Unity itself.

Given that I'd like to look for playmaker assets that are freeware, I'd like to know how to put together a proper third person camera with a FSM. I think that's what I meant when I'm having rotating problems. What youtube tutorials would you recommend though, if that can be a alternative?

Ofonna

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 03:43:38 AM »
check out filmstorm on youtube

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »
check out filmstorm on youtube

Part one for the third person camera tutorial? Did try to make the camera work in that way, problem is the player wouldn't move and the main camera went nuts like a VR game.

How about other channels?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:33:39 PM by coffeeANDsoda »