playMaker

Author Topic: POOL MANAGER: Create Prefab Pool fails  (Read 1136 times)

ToxicFrog

• Beta Group
POOL MANAGER: Create Prefab Pool fails
« on: July 02, 2017, 06:08:04 PM »
Hello, Friends

I'm working on a SteamVR project and have one last problem to solve:

I'm using Pool Manager and the Playmaker actions to pre-load objects when you teleport to a specific section of the level.

When the level starts, I use PM to create the pool and pre-load (using the 'Pmt Create Prefab Pool' action). Works fine.

When you teleport into the section, the object is spawned, and works as expected.
When you leave the section, I destroy the object rather than de-spawn, because I need it to return to its original state (at this point, several children of the object are destroyed so I need to create it again to 'reset' it).

At this point the pool exists, but is empty, as expected.

So, I tried using the 'Pmt Create Prefab Pool' action to Re-load the object into the pool, but it fails every time. The pool exists, but for whatever reason I cannot use the 'Pmt Create Prefab Pool' to put this object back into the pool.

I can successfully destroy the pool and re-create it with PM actions, but creating the pool causes a bad load lag that kicks you out to the Steam waiting room for a second. This is why I simply want to re-load a prefab into the empty pool.

Please advise - I'll reply with results from any suggestions!

Thanks!