playMaker

Author Topic: Strange behavior / Application Pause  (Read 1793 times)

Phuzz

• Bzilla Games
Strange behavior / Application Pause
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:06:38 AM »
Hello,

On my Android app, I have APPLICATION PAUSE & APPLICATION QUIT on the same FSM, as shown in the attached image. APPLICATION QUIT works exactly as intended, but APPLICATION PAUSE doesn't, some times I do an APK build and test, after pressing home button and exiting the game it saves, but sometimes when it doesn't save, I rebuild the exact same APK and it functions as intended, it is like scratch and win, based on my luck, I am wondering if it could be something during the build process?

Keep in mind I have already released the app, 10% of my users complain that the game does not save unless you quit the app using the back button, but progress is always lost when quitting using home button.

This problem occurs since Unity 5.5, I have also tried on 5.6 and 201, Playmaker 1.8.4 & the new beta. Could the problem be somewhere during the build process? It has been the giving me a headache since a long time now.

Bzilla Games "Education with a Tickle!"
Qbucket Games "Voxel Games"

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Strange behavior / Application Pause
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:59:43 PM »
Hi,
Can you show what actions you have in the 'state 21' ?

And maybe you can send a bug report inside unity.

you can find it in : Playmaker/Tools

Phuzz

• Bzilla Games
Re: Strange behavior / Application Pause
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 04:17:21 AM »
State 21 is empty, Just a starter point for the App Pause, I just started trying different places for app pause on that FSM to see if the weird problem would be solved. The state after has a bool value to check if variables have been fully loaded upon start of the game, so it wont save if player presses home during loading and corrupt the values. The rest is the actual save values.

I will try and send a bug report. :) thank you
Bzilla Games "Education with a Tickle!"
Qbucket Games "Voxel Games"