playMaker

Author Topic: Touch event on UGUI??[SOLVED]  (Read 4417 times)

IIKII

• Lonely developer
    • Patreon
Touch event on UGUI??[SOLVED]
« on: August 06, 2017, 06:06:35 AM »
Hi, i am wondering how do I enable touch events on UGUI for example touching the raw image in the canvas to trigger?

I can do that on 2d sprite but not on UGUI images.

thanks
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:04:19 AM by jeanfabre »
Support me on Patreon for free adventure games and development insights - https://www.patreon.com/koexstudio

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Touch event on UGUI??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 06:31:04 AM »
Hi,
You need to get the Ugui proxy full on the Ecosystem

if you have it you can add the "PlayMakerUGuiPointerEventsProxy" Component to your Ui GameObject.
in the component you can set the target gameobject to target the fsm that you want to use.
The events you can set to your own global events.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 06:33:07 AM »
i forgot to say that there are some other Playmaker ugui proxies that might be useful, for example the drag proxy.

IIKII

• Lonely developer
    • Patreon
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
Thank you, got it working right now ;D
Support me on Patreon for free adventure games and development insights - https://www.patreon.com/koexstudio

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Re: Touch event on UGUI??[SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »
Alright, I kinda hijacking this thread now but I losing my mind.

I can't really get my app to be working with uGUI. Maybe unity+playmaker is not meant to be using uGUI for app creation. I'v been using unity and playmaker for years now and  not in my wildest imagination did I think this was so hard. In my mind, a 2d app, with just a big canvas would be the easiest app possible.

It took me like 2 whole days to just click and drag move a picture around on the screen. Now I wanted to picture just to move when I touch the picture itself, but can't make it happen. I tried "touch object 2d event" and all kinds of stuff without success.

Does anyone know how to use uGUI to make an app? Is there any up-to-date tutorial anywhere? Should I just turn the app into a 3d app instead without uGUI? It seems a lot easier developing wise?

Please please, if anyone can just help me with this super mega basic stuff I'am so grateful!