playMaker

Author Topic: Character Motor Issue  (Read 3264 times)

fabri160477

• Playmaker Newbie
Character Motor Issue
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:29:33 AM »
Hello, i'm trying to follow up Unity 3d and Playmaer Essential book, but as soon as i add the Character Motor to manage the Jumping part, when i run the scene the character jumps right away without any input, then when it lands it starts to behave properly. I've noticed that even disabling all of the Set/Get property actions it still begins with a long jump.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Character Motor Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
Hi,
i have no idea what that book is, but probably the jump part is triggered right @ the start.
There is a debug tutorial on the user wiki page that can help you to find your issue.

and many other tutorials that can be useful :)

if you still cant find the issue please give some more information
(pictures and/or video from the fsms/states/action/issue)

fabri160477

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:27:40 PM »
Hey thanks for the reply, right now i'm reinstalling unity since the new patch made it unusable and i will provide screenshots. Just one question first....in this boo the script was provided as a downloadable resource...the Motor Script is available officially as an asset already in Unity? I'm asking because maybe there is some ort of compatibility issue since the book was released some time ago and i've got latest Unity version. And if it is available, how do i download it?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 12:33:03 PM »
Hi,
I believe boo is not supported anymore in unity.

On the wiki page there are several tutorials maybe you can find one similar to your book.