playMaker

Author Topic: Photon View RPC Broadcast Fsm Event to Player  (Read 2595 times)

gregacuna

Photon View RPC Broadcast Fsm Event to Player
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:08:24 AM »
We're trying to keep network traffic lower by using:

Photon View RPC Broadcast Fsm Event to Player

But it doesn't seem to be working. If we use Broadcast Fsm Event which is broadcast to all then the event triggers the expected behavior...

But if we get use "Phone View Get Owner Properties" to get "Name" under "player properties" then use the "Name" for the "Target Player Name" when using "...Broadcast Fsm Event to Player" nothing happens.

We can see the player name at runtime and see it is the name returned from the Owner Properties...but the event isn't being received by that player.

Suggestions?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon View RPC Broadcast Fsm Event to Player
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 03:05:26 AM »
Hi,

The broadcast value must stay put, and it doesn't affect the RPC traffic, its the rpc target itself that counts.

The broadcast option is not used, because it doesn't actually work like that for RPC, it's simply because I can't do it otherwise within Actions to present a global event.

Bye,

Jean

JayKamat

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
Hi,

The broadcast value must stay put, and it doesn't affect the RPC traffic, its the rpc target itself that counts.

The broadcast option is not used, because it doesn't actually work like that for RPC, it's simply because I can't do it otherwise within Actions to present a global event.

Bye,

Jean

Hello,

I am working with Greg Acuna and faced the above issue. What we wish to do is to broadcast an RPC event to only some specific Players and not everyone. Hence we using the action,
'Photon View RPC Broadcast Fsm Event By Name To Player', and in the Target Player Name option as shown in the Reference Pic(Attachment), we are providing the Photon Name of the Player. But that player does not receive the RPC. We wanted to know if there was any bug associated with that particular script which could be troubleshooted.

The normal RPC action, 'Photon View RPC Broadcast Fsm Event', which is used to broadcast to all Photon Targets works perfectly.

Regards,

Jay Kamat

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 04:23:47 AM »
Hi,

I don't have the sample on my computer ( recently moved to my new laptop, having redownload all reps yet) so I'll check tomorow, but the demo worker sample is featuring a chat feature where you can send an rcp to a dedicated player, can you check how it's done, and this is likelt how you'll need to do it for that to work.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 03:14:05 AM »
Hi,

ok, so double check the demoWorker and specifically the chat: chat user list fsm, it demonstrates the use of that action:

more info here:
 https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W873

Bye,

Jean