playMaker

Author Topic: Prefabs not rendered when using Create Object  (Read 966 times)

Speedwagon

• Playmaker Newbie
Prefabs not rendered when using Create Object
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:27:10 PM »
Hi There,

I am trying to create a prefab that spawns instances of itself, depending on if there is space next to it. I'm hoping to end up with some sort of dungeon generation thing in the end.

I am running into a bit of trouble however - I managed to get an object to spawn based on a location of a child object in the prefab.

However, when this object spawns it always misses the ceiling and floor bits.
I do not apply any logic to turn those off and on. The only logic so far i have is checking if the room is the first room to spawn, randomly generating doors and walls based on that, then picking an open door to spawn itself again. The FSM then communicates to the last spawned object what direction the adjacent room came from, making sure that a door spawns there.

This seems to work, but the walls/doors are affected by the same issue as the ceiling/floor. The difference is that the ceiling/floor are always affected while the other is apparently random.

The objects appear to be there as well - collision works fine, and i can select the created instances in the inspector. They are just not rendered.

I am using playmaker and probuilder basic in the project at the moment, not sure if the latter is the culprit since the walls are build with that tool.

Any smart ideas on what is going on here?