playMaker

Author Topic: Pause Controller: A reliable, fast and fun way to pause.  (Read 11390 times)

ElecktMobileDrey

• Playmaker Newbie
Pause Controller: A reliable, fast and fun way to pause.
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
Hey everyone, a new puase tool has been released called "Pause Controller" on the asset store.  If any of you are having any difficulty managing pause. This tool will come to the rescue.

It comes with action and playMaker integration that will pause your FSM components correctly.
You can also use any action that uses deltaTime.  No need for actions to need "realtime" tracking.

Come check out the awesome options for pausing particular a particular GameObject or groups of them without any trouble or complication.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/136139-Pause-Controller-A-reliable-fast-and-fun-way-to-pause.-(-playMaker-Compatible-)?p=923714#post923714

Let us know what you think.

ElecktMobileDrey

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Pause Controller: A reliable, fast and fun way to pause.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:17:56 AM »
Hey everyone,

Pause Controller is catching interest and we are really excited.  Youtube videos for tutorials and examples are coming up soon.

However, if you are not interested in Pause Controller, please explain why and I'll love to address it.  If it can't fit your project within 2 mins, I'll make it that way.

PauseController comes with an Action that pauses groups of GameObjects for you.  It's basic for now, but the reason why it comes with an action is to help it have a uniform way to update when new features get added to it later on. 

Also, you are free to use many of playMakers actions like Translate and Rotate without any need for scaleTime related concerns.  This opens up all of playMakers actions too you.  It's great for us!  I know it'll be great for you all too.

It will take 2 mins or less to get Pause Controller integrate into their project and running.  No matter the state you are in.  If not, we'll make it that way if you tell us what you're going through.

You can also use it for cool things like "hit shop" which is found in many actions games when a character's action hits an enemy. 

Check it out along with the interactive demo:
Demo: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9053020/PauseDemoBuild/PauseDemoBuild.html

Store: http://u3d.as/content/eleck-tek/pause-controller/2VV

General Info: http://elecktek.blogspot.com/p/what-is-pause-controller.html

Looking forward to hearing more request and questions soon!

amaranth

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
This looks great! Thank you!

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »
Outstanding and much needed, also nicely priced. I've just tweeted about it :)
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

smiffy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:02:09 AM »
Bought this yesterday and half an hour later had a lovely, functional pause menu all working fine. Highly recommended!

Only thing I couldn't figure out was how to use the Camera Fade In or Out action properly. I put it on an object that was set to not pause, it waits the correct time before jumping to the next transition but theres no fade. Any ideas?

Saputo

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
I cant seem to get this to work, when I do it with Play Maker, and ideas on how to make this work right?

play_edu

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 12:33:17 AM »
Hi, But how to pause particular 1 or 2 play maker FSm.