playMaker

Author Topic: Unity lost all extensions  (Read 1899 times)

velketor

• Junior Playmaker
  • Multimedia Marathon Man
    • Shawn Kilian Portfolio
Unity lost all extensions
« on: October 16, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »
I have been working on my project for months with no problems.  Today, in the middle of working on the project, Unity asked if I would like to upgrade (which it NEVER does) and I said "NO THANKS" and it re-imported all of my assets (but it did NOT update, since my Unity version has remained unchanged).  As a result, it removed PlayMaker and all other extensions I was using and my project is completely broken.

Is there any way to fix this?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:36:17 PM by Shawn Kilian »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Unity lost all extensions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:17:28 AM »
Hi,

This is the first time I hear about such thing in Unity... it's really odd.

Unity never touches anything inside your assets, certainly not deleting things, it can mess up compilation but the asset file on your harddisk will remain.

what version of Unity are you using?

what I think may be happening is that you have an error in the console and PlayMaker Editor won't open while Unity has an error. Can you check your console and copy paste the errors you have?

bye,

Jean

velketor

• Junior Playmaker
  • Multimedia Marathon Man
    • Shawn Kilian Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:12:25 AM »
My project never had errors.  After Unity asked if I would like to update and I said "No Thanks" it stripped all extensions (not just PlayMaker) from my project, so I have over 999+ errors now because my project has no idea what to do with all the PlayMaker assets that are now missing from my project.

I opened an older version of my project from last week and PlayMaker is in that version and I have no errors.  It appears just this project scene has been corrupted completely and no extensions exist in it.

drown

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »
That is really odd - maybe you pressed the "I made a backup, go ahead." - button ? that is the only scenario that would remotely explain that you suddenly have hundreds of errors after a dialogue box displayed by Unity.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »
Hi,

We'll need some copy paste of the errors you get, copy paste of the project browser content, like do you have the PlayMaker folder, and what's inside it.

also, if you open a scene how does the PlayMaker component look like in the inspector?

Bye,

Jean