playMaker

Author Topic: Drag and drop issue in Graph View and Inspector Panel  (Read 1987 times)

Gustav

• Junior Playmaker
Drag and drop issue in Graph View and Inspector Panel
« on: October 18, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »
I stumbled over an issue which can cause an accidental change of the order of actions in the Inspector Panel.

How to reproduce:
  • Open a state machine in the Playmaker Editor
  • Ensure to have a few actions in the current selected state
  • Click on the scroll bar of the Graph View and drag it
  • While dragging the scroll bar move the mouse over the header of any action in the Inspector Panel
Now the mouse cursor changes to the drag and drop cursor for reordering actions. If there is no action selected while following the steps above, nothing visible happens. (But sometimes one of the actions will be duplicated.) If there is an action selected while following the steps above, you can reorder the actions accidentally. And sometimes you wouldn't even notice it in the first place because you probably look at the Graph View.

Regards
Gustav

Edit
Now I was able to reproduce the duplicate action issue mentioned above. If you first try the steps above without any action selected and after that with an action selected, the action will be duplicated.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:41:17 PM by Gustav »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Drag and drop issue in Graph View and Inspector Panel
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »
Good catch! I hadn't noticed this before since I generally turn off scrollbars in Prefs and use middle mouse button dragging instead. Will fix for next update. Thanks!

Gustav

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Drag and drop issue in Graph View and Inspector Panel
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
I'm glad I could help. :)