playMaker

Author Topic: Request : FSM Text [implemented]  (Read 7909 times)

sP0CkEr

• Playmaker Newbie
Request : FSM Text [implemented]
« on: March 26, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
The "Info" and "Summary" stuff on the FSM are nice. However, I would like to request that an additional Text Field be made available for each FSM and its state to allow developers to add notes, documentation, and history. These notes would not show up on the FSM editor, but would be seen on the Inspector.

Paul
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:09:58 PM by alexchouls »

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
Re: Request : FSM Text
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:52:27 AM »
Just on the inspector? I don't get the point.. you can have a "remark" variable and add your own comments right there, aye?

What I would really like is a tiny "/* remark */" one-liner action with a remark content, would help with documenting long-states :) Handy if you're like me and enjoy commenting code, yet that's waaay too simple, guess I'll just code it in myself heh.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

e.Ko

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:00:32 PM »
There's a Comment action you can use to insert comments into the action list: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W213

@sPOCkEr - Not sure what you're asking for... would you enter these notes on a state? And they'd show in in the PlayMakerFSM Inspector? In what order? Or maybe only the active state would show...?

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »
There's a Comment action you can use to insert comments into the action list: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W213
W00t and I actually looked for it! It was in the debug section which I haven't spent much time with yet. The category organization of the actions on the website is cool and all, but maybe we should have a full list option, with all actions in alphabetical order? Thanks!
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

sP0CkEr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
thanks, i think the comment field will work. basically i was looking for a way to add notes and program changes without cluttering up the state diagram.