playMaker

Author Topic: fixed camera  (Read 2839 times)

gamedivision

fixed camera
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
i want to point my camera down on top of the character and fix it there,so my character will rotate and run around the screen but the camera will be fixed in its axis,and follow the character around the screen
any ideas anyone,ive put the camera in its top down position made it a parent of the character but im not sure how to lock the axis

thanks

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: fixed camera
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:24 PM »
Rather than parenting the camera, I'd get the character's position then set the camera's position, using Get Position and Set Position actions.

This will give you a lot more control. For example, you could get the position and use Move Towards on the camera so the camera motion is a little looser, and not totally locked to the character.

gamedivision

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:59:36 PM »
great thank you for the reply,soon as learn how to do that ill try it

Rather than parenting the camera, I'd get the character's position then set the camera's position, using Get Position and Set Position actions.

This will give you a lot more control. For example, you could get the position and use Move Towards on the camera so the camera motion is a little looser, and not totally locked to the character.

gamedivision

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
another question i created a global variable vector3 which is x,y,z position i think haha,i then added the get position set position to the camera choosing the first person controller in the get position and on the vector i used my global vector3 and ticked every frame because it needs to update the position constantly.
on the set position i used, user owner and on the vector i used global vector3 space self and ticked the every frame.
on the first person controller i used the global vector3,for the get axis vector,controller simple move,smooth look at direction
my problem is the camera only moves on the x position not the z
im sure its a very stupid mistake,but we all start off somewhere

thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 01:21:19 AM »
Hi,

Difficult to say like that what could be wrong unfortunatly. Send over a package if you can, then I'll happily look at it and fix it.

Bye,

Jean