playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Disappearing After Crash  (Read 3959 times)

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Playmaker Disappearing After Crash
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »
This is an issue that's only happened 3 or 4 times in total, but it's been pretty consistent since v1.0.  The Unity Editor will somehow suffer a crash while I'm working, and when I reopen it the interface has reset to the default layout and Playmaker has vanished. 
Playmaker files will still be present in the Project view, but there is no way to open the Playmaker FSM Editor (no Playmaker entry in the menus), and clicking on the Playmaker related components in the Component menu results in an error saying the respective scripts are still being compiled.
Unfortunately reimporting Playmaker does not fix the issue.  Playmaker files can be deleted from the project, a new package can be downloaded from the asset store and installed, but the project itself will no longer regain the ability to display the FSM Editor window.
The only consistent solution I've found is to create an entirely new project, download and import Playmaker to it, and then import your old project into the new one. 

Someone else must have experienced this at least once, right?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker Disappearing After Crash
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:54:12 PM »
Double check the Unity Console for errors...

Any errors in the console on startup will stop Unity from compiling Playmaker (or any other editor extension for that matter).

If there are no errors in the console, try deleting the Project Temp folder, and/or restarting your computer.

Let me know if these don't work...

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:23:39 PM »
Thank you Alex.  Deleting another plugin that was causing startup errors fixed the issue.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:22:40 AM »
Yes Artician, I got tricked a few times with this problem.

So alway have the console open when something acts weird, if there is an error, it must be fixed first, and then you can progress.

Bye,

Jean

Artisan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:46:33 AM »
I am getting a lot of this as well. Every now and then PlayMaker would completely disappear from toolbar and the only way I can get it back is to start a new project and import it back in. I am still trying to figure out why it is causing it.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 03:09:15 AM »
Hi,

I never got that, are you on mac or windows?

Artisan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
I am on Mac OSX 10.6.8. Running on Macbook Pro 13".