playMaker

Author Topic: Few Suggestions - Clipboard and better editor  (Read 1671 times)

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Few Suggestions - Clipboard and better editor
« on: December 19, 2017, 02:32:38 AM »
Clipboard

Hi, i've been using a cool tool from the asset store last few weeks, it is basically a drag and drop clipboard where you can store components and then drag them wherever you want, saving you a ton of time in the process when making a huge amount of prefabs that need to be somewhat different for example.

I got the idea that playmaker can use something similar. Yeah, we got templates, and yeah, we can copy and paste, but this would be something different, in the FSM component itself and it would store actions or complete states visually, so you can just drag and drop filled out states and actions in the clipboard and pull them back to where you need them.

Speaking of which, it would be great if we could actually save STATE TEMPLATES, without entering the component which holds the stuff we need and then copy and paste, copy and paste...so i can just take a prefilled event that is, i don't know, "detect damage" state, and pull it in.

I accidentally stumbled upon this picture and i was wow.

Sure, it's all nice and dandy on a 2000x2000 screenshot, and it's quite a difference when working in unity itself, but editing a state with 5-10-15 actions in it can be quite tiresome when you need to scroll around up and down. Yeah, we can break states into several states, but why would i make more states then necessary when i want the same type of logic to stay in one state so i can reuse it?

Basically, maybe a different state editor would be a great idea. Besides the default one, you could double click on a state to open a new window that would contain a subset of actions in it in a whole new window, something like this:

The connections between them would actually be the action sequence if you want to use them in the state.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:05:41 AM by krmko »
Available for Playmaker work