playMaker

Author Topic: Tool Handle Position / Center of Character[SOLVED]  (Read 2316 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Tool Handle Position / Center of Character[SOLVED]
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:19:26 AM »
Hi!

I have a question if there is a chance to change what is regarded as the "center of object".

I have two different character where the creator had made different center points. Is it possible to change this in some way? Like changing the "Tool Handle Position" but for the game object itself rather then just in the editor.

I ask because I have an alignment issue where the character should align with another game object position and because they do not have the same center the "set position"-action sets them on different places.

Anyone have any idea? (Just realize that this is more of a Unity question, tbh)

/Christian
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:11:10 AM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Tool Handle Position / Center of Character
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »
Hi.
Did you make the characters or purchased then (or from a friend)

Probably the pivot point from the object is not set @ the right position (usually just below the feet, like the left character)

So i think you will need to edit it in a 3d program (Blender/3ds max/others) or ask the author.

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 05:36:55 PM »
Hi.
Did you make the characters or purchased then (or from a friend)

Probably the pivot point from the object is not set @ the right position (usually just below the feet, like the left character)

So i think you will need to edit it in a 3d program (Blender/3ds max/others) or ask the author.

Hi!

I downloaded them from Mixamo for free. Okey, so If I get like Blender to fix this, do you have any idea how to fix it? Or know any tutorial or something that fix stuff like that?

I feels like there should be pretty simple to fix, right?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:21:52 AM »
Hi.
To be honest i don't know.
I had a similar issue with this so i contacted the artist and he told me that the pivot position was wrong and he changed it.

But i guess if you search for 'blender change pivot point' you will find some info or videos for it.

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 04:56:23 AM »
Hi.
To be honest i don't know.
I had a similar issue with this so i contacted the artist and he told me that the pivot position was wrong and he changed it.

But i guess if you search for 'blender change pivot point' you will find some info or videos for it.

Hi,

So after some comparing i realized that it was not any issue with the models, it was I that had fucked it up. When I added the "Character controller" I had changed the position of the mesh to match the Character controller instead of moving the Caracter controller to match the mesh.

So I just repositioned it again so the pivot point was back to normal.

thanks for the help, anyway