playMaker

Author Topic: Application Quit doesn't work in the Editor  (Read 2305 times)

thierry_st_malo

• Junior Playmaker
Application Quit doesn't work in the Editor
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
And I'm not very happy about it, because it should be clearly stated in the documentation. And it isn't. That cost me a few hours of work and frustration.

I can't understand that: it is so easy to fix! All that was needed was knowing it.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:44:50 AM by thierry_st_malo »

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
Re: Application Quit doesn't work in the Editor
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
Well what would you expect it to do?

Exit the editor when you're playing?, you are not running the application when previewing in the editor so the only thing you could quite is the editor itself.

And that would be pointless.

thierry_st_malo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 11:35:46 AM »
It would be pointless, yes. But I don't do that. A function key stops the game and sends me back to the Editor. The mouse cursor isn't always very visible, you know. I'm  very finnicky with my little comfort :-)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 02:05:48 AM »
Hi

Do you mean that hutongGames documentation doesn't mention this or Unity documentation doesn't mention it?

Bye,

Jean

thierry_st_malo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:01:11 AM »
Hi,

I mean hutongGames'. I have re-checked this very morning.
Having said that (and fixed the problem for me) I understand that Playmaker is a very large and complex product, and that these things happen.
Still, on the moment I found it annoying, as it cost me four hours of work.

Bye.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 01:44:20 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker has nothing to do with the way Unity deals with system events, if Unity is sending an event, PlayMaker has to forward it. Any other way would create more trouble and frustration than it would solve.

And unfortunatly, I don't think it's not practical nor feasible to double all documentation for these kind of bug/feature,

but I hear you, I am stumbling upon similar issues almost every day, the best approach is to first test a particular feature in a test scene ( Like I did for demonstrating its behaviour), make sure you understand it and then apply it inside your project.

Bye,

Jean