playMaker

Author Topic: Game running kind of slowly  (Read 2093 times)

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
Game running kind of slowly
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »
Hi guys,
I've pretty much completely run out of ideas on why this might be happening. I've got what I thought was a fairly simple game and its not running smoothly - it occasionally stutters and runs around 25 fps on an iPhone4 with "everything" on.

I've made a post in the general Unity Answers site: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/260429/big-frametime-on-ios-intermittent-cpu-waits-gpu.html

but thought I'd also ask here incase anyone has any ideas for what could be causing the speed problems. Do any of the numbers in the above post indicate anything to you in terms of time that playmaker is using? I haven't got any raycasts at all and have gone through all my FSMs several times but can't really see anything.

My game is at the stage now where I just need to get it running fast and its pretty close to complete, so I really need to solve this!

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Jay

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Game running kind of slowly
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »
Hi,

You should use the profiler to find out what might cause this. It will show you directly what is taking time.

The brute force way would be the following however: Remove features one by one and see which ones has the most impact on your game.

Bye,

jean