playMaker

Author Topic: Animation blend not working.  (Read 2579 times)

Horror

• Junior Playmaker
Animation blend not working.
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »
Hey, this is my first post here. I've only been using Playmaker for a day but I'm already impressed by what it can do without me having to write a single line of code!

Anyway, I've been setting up a very basic enemy that moves directly towards the player. When it gets to a certain range it stops and plays a random attack animation. When the animation is complete it checks to make sure the player is still in range - if it is, it plays another attack; if not, it will start moving towards the player again.

The problem is that some of my animations don't seem to be blending at all. The walk cycle to attack animation blends fine, but attack to walk or attack1 to attack2 does not. I've tried playing with the blend time and experimenting with different setups but I can't work out why it works in some parts of the FSM and not in others  :-\ Any ideas?

Cheers!

kiriri

Re: Animation blend not working.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »
weird things always come with unity's native animation handler... Did you make sure the blending time didn't exceed the length of the animation? Even if it's a looping animation, it always causes problems to have a long blend... Can't think of anything else out of the head though...
Best,
Sven