playMaker

Author Topic: From Unity to Unity Pro Trial and back with PlayMaker FSMs  (Read 4638 times)

santelia

• Junior Playmaker
From Unity to Unity Pro Trial and back with PlayMaker FSMs
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
I'm wondering if or not to activate a Unity Pro trial just to understand if the difference worths the cost for my project.
Is there any risk in upgrading from Unity to Unity Pro, I mean having a big project with many PlayMaker FSMs?
The Pro trial license simply unlocks features, if I have well understood. Does it?
In case I would not buy the pro license, thus coming back next month to the free Unity version (of course without pretending to use any pro feature), is there any risk for my project and for my FSMs?
Do you have any experience of that?

kiriri

Re: From Unity to Unity Pro Trial and back with PlayMaker FSMs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
I switch a lot between unity pro and unity indie (because of mobile vs pc development) and there were no problems with playmaker so far. The only errors I get while using the indie version are that some features can't be used, but they'll reactivate if you switch back to pro.
Best,
Sven

santelia

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:58:19 PM »
Once activated the Pro trial, how do you switch back to the indie?

kiriri

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
not sure about the trial, but with the normal pro version you'd just create a second account and go to help -> enter serial number. There you can enter  your indie serial number and it'll automatically switch off the pro one, and vice versa.
Anyways, if you wanna make sure nothing happens, why don't you just backup your project. It's generally always a good idea to have backups when updating the software or one of its addons ;) . Then again, nothing has happened to my projects so far so I recon its safe.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:12:33 PM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

markfrancombe

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »
Sorry Kiriri, would you mind explaining WHY you would switch back to Indie, surely if you have bought a Pro License, you would want to use it?

scuse me for thread jacking, I was just curious...

:)

mark

santelia

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 08:58:45 AM »
@kiriri

Maybe noob with PM but not for the rest...  ;) Backup is a usual activity. I use to have at least 3 parallel whole backups on different disks in different places. GBEth is there to allow that in a breeze.  ;D

kiriri

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »
@kiriri

Maybe noob with PM but not for the rest...  ;) Backup is a usual activity. I use to have at least 3 parallel whole backups on different disks in different places. GBEth is there to allow that in a breeze.  ;D
sorry I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that I forget it from time to time and especially around importing scripts and plugins I've lost a tremendous load of work by doing so :S

Sorry Kiriri, would you mind explaining WHY you would switch back to Indie, surely if you have bought a Pro License, you would want to use it?

I somehow got a new license key for my purchase of unity pro and so I ended up with one license which has got the mobile indie stuff, and one which has the normal pro stuff. I suppose one could merge them, but I never bothered to try since I really don't need to work on both mobile and desktop platforms at the same time. Would've been confusing anyways :D
Best,
Sven