playMaker

Author Topic: Multiple initiation states single FSM  (Read 5666 times)

alternativee30

• Playmaker Newbie
Multiple initiation states single FSM
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:11:20 AM »

I am wanting to set up multiple start states like in the picture below. How was this done?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Multiple initiation states single FSM
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:15:45 AM »
Hi,

Create first your event in the event tab, then right click on the state and select "Add global transition", and select that event you just created. Then you simply use the "send event" action in another fsm or in another state of that fsm and call that event.

Bye,

Jean

alternativee30

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 01:37:47 AM »
I cant believe i missed that. right in front of my eyes. Thanks Jean=)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 01:43:17 AM »
Hi,

Don't worry, it took me a while to0 get the event/transition/global/ dance properly figured.

bye,

Jean

alternativee30

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:33:40 AM »
Thinking more about this on the fact that the other initiations are just inputs to the FSM. It would be really cool if playmaker supported more then one editor window at once so that you could compare two FSMS side by side rather than switching back and forth. Maybe even see two FSMs interacting side by side through their events would be awesome.

Ive found once my FSM's start to get really big and confusing and i start sending out events to different FSMs its slightly confusing to try to remember which FSMs are talking to each other.

I am getting a second monitor tomorrow for playmaker FSM state machines and browser look ups. Its amazing how much time i have saved with playmaker. There is such a small learning curve to create very advanced game functionality. I have actually gotten rid of some other frameworks i was trying to use in my project so that i can keep it to one system. Well worth the purchase.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:55:26 AM »
Hi,

yes, a second monitor just for  playmaker editors is something useful. I now carry my laptop and my second screen where ever I go... :( but can't be productive without that screen estate...

as for multiple fsm editor, yes, it's been requested many times, so hopefully, future version will include it! finger crossed!

as for now, right clik on an event and check the "sent by" and it will help you navigate

as always, name your events properly and don't start messing with them sending them from various unrelated places, else it will get difficult indeed.

Bye,

Jean