playMaker

Author Topic: Simple waypoint system actions request  (Read 15126 times)

cel

Simple waypoint system actions request
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:55:58 AM »
Can someone make a set of actions for this amazing plugin?
I was thinking of something like get/setpath, get/setpath node, get/set speed, createpath...

I really need it and if someone if willing to make these actions I will be willing to pay.... PM me.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Simple waypoint system actions request
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:17:34 AM »
Hi,

This is indeed something very useful. I have a lot of pending work for the unity community to finish off first, but if nothing comes up for WPS before, I'll get in touch with you next week or so. Get back to me to remind me of that if I forget.

bye,

Jean

Baroni

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »
Hello,

I'm the author of SWS. There have been many requests for a playmaker integration lately, so I thought I stop by and ask what possibilities are there for developers? Do I have to learn playmaker from the beginning - if so, could you please point me to a developer friendly tutorial series, or maybe we could negotiate some kind of cooperation? Looking forward to your response,

Regards,
Baroni

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
Hi Baroni,

I am already committed with providing HOTween, Targetpro and MonoSqlite actions, and I should be done with all of this end of august.

So until then,  do you have any online docs for me to study the kind of work? it might end up being trivial, but it really depends on the way your api works. I would certainly be able to put you on the right path. I have no doubt that you will find that writing actions for playmaker very easy.

bye,

Jean

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 03:34:05 AM »
I see some time has gone by from the last update on this subject...
I purchased SWS recently and want to add my voice (through finger movements over the keyboard) to the petition for a set of actions.
What are the news?

Thanks guys, especially Jean!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:39:27 AM »
Did I say end of august...  ;D

but I did not say of which year... :P

hotween and targetPro are done, and MonoSqlite( dataMaker) is on its way. Then I will be able to tackle new frameworks...

As always, if you need prioritisation, simply pm to arrange timing.

bye,

Jean

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:50:11 AM »
Thanks a lot for the reply Jean.
Dont worry, i still have work on other parts of my game... so we have time!

cel

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »
a little bump on this....

SWS has 3 actions for playmaker... but i find them confusing and can't get them to work.... I looked at the code in the actions and they seem to use the send message method.... using pm send message seems to work but I can't send (or don't know how to) a message with more than an argument....

Is this still being considered to turn into pm's actions?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 03:13:41 AM »
Hi,

uhm... too much to do isn't it! :) ...

bye,

Jean

cel

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 11:24:24 AM »
Hi Jean,

Does your last reply mean that yes, it is being considered and will be done????  ;D ;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 02:20:28 PM »
Hi,

Yes it is, I will do first what's freely available, like the audiotoolkit and the pending updates on the current available bridges  ( Input.touches, gameCenter for example), it's been also requested quite a lot as well. Then when that's cleared, I will be able to tackle This.

bye,

Jean

cel

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
SWEET!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cel

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29:59 AM »
little bump....

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »
sigh... I wish I had all day to do that...

Red

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
If i may jump in.

setting up a waypoint system isn't really that hard with playmaker as stock...

i've actually got a tutorial series that touches on this but i am planning on expanding it but here is the coles-notes that should get you started.

first off, if you want a set route/path that you want the ai to take, you're going to need some objects to be used as waypoints. this is easy to do since you can just use empty game objects.

from there, i then take another game object and make it the parent of those waypoints. this is where it gets a little tricky though since last time i tried it, the actions used to access them needed them to be in the right order... so, if you name them "waypoint 1," "waypoint 2," etc... then they should be updated in the heirarchy. this is kinda important because the system to set the waypoints uses the "Get next child" action and the order that they are in is kinda important (though it was a while since i revisited this... i've been focusing on other things which i need to devote more time to for my own game.)

so, you have a waypoint system and then you have a waypoint manager... so, the next thing you have to do is tell your AI what to use for the waypoint system... this can be wired directly in as a gameobject variable in the scene but if you're instantiating it at run-time, you might have to add in some "find" actions to find the right ones to use but that's not hard to figure out.

so, the ai now has the "waypoint container" and from there, you can tell it in the FSM to "get next child" and tell it to get the next child of the waypoint container. this should iterate through the list each time this action is called so if you have them organized right, it should go "waypoint 1" then "waypoint 2" then "waypoint 3" then back to "waypoint 1" (assuming three waypoints.)

when you do this, if you feed it into a second gameobject variable, you can then use this second "child" game object's information to extract it's location, it's orentation, all sorts of things which can then be fed to the actions that are driving the AI's movement. if you need a hand with telling your AI to move, the videos i have on basic AI should give you a decent starting point (though i am retooling the "radar" one since that one was a bit of a hatchet job and i'm redoing that video as a post-mortem to take into account what i've learned since i made that one... that should help make it clearer and easier to understand and much, much simpler.)

does this help? if not, let us know what you need help with and i'm sure you could find some help here. this is a really good community i've found.